Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tiger to Retire as a Professional Golfer

Statement from Tiger Woods today It is with great regret and sadness that I must today announce my retirement from professional golf. My constant battles with injury have finally taken an irreversible toll on my body and game and I no longer find myself in a position to compete at the level where I need and expect to be; that is at the highest level. I desperately wanted to compete at Augusta next week, but without satisfactory preparation I must finally admit this is now a bridge too far. After lengthy discussions with Lindsey, my family and close friends, I feel that now the time is right to step away from the game I love. After almost 19 years as a touring professional, I feel honored and blessed both to have been given and achieved so much. I look forward now to spending more time with my children Sam and Charlie and encouraging them to achieve whatever it is they desire to be, just as my father did with me. My thoughts and prayers are also with my Dad today. I am not looking at this as an end, but as the start of a new and exciting chapter in my life; a time to give back to those who have given their time to help me achieve so much in my career. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all my supporters, sponsors, the PGA Tour and all my friends within the game. I look forward to getting the opportunity over the coming months to meeting and thanking as many of you as possible in person. I will make further announcements in due course regarding the important work of the Tiger Woods Foundation I intend to devote more time to, but for now, a heartfelt thanks to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment